Are you finding it tedious to connect your AirPods to your Roku TV? Well, you may not connect it directly. But there is an alternative way. No Roku TV and AirPods user would have thought of this way. This way is easier; however, you need to follow some steps.
Besides, as you know, Apple as a brand limits the compatibility of its devices to only its other devices. The brand says it is for security reasons, but it is quite weird to only use a device to connect to the same brand’s devices. However, it can also be a marketing strategy that enhances its other devices and its popularity. The iPhones are the mainstream devices that people use.
Therefore, you can only connect the Airpods to devices like iPhone, iPad, and iMac. But when it comes to watching TV, Roku TV is another popular brand that most audiences desire to use. It is because of its extensive range of features. If you are a Roku TV and AirPods user and want to amalgamate both devices, here are few steps that will help you achieve the connection.
How can you connect your Roku TV and AirPods?
You can never connect AirPods directly to your Roku TV. Even you cannot connect it with your Roku Streaming devices. It is because; Roku TV doesn’t have any feature that allows the connection of Roku TV with Bluetooth headphones. Further, when it is about AirPods, it is even more tedious.
But there is an alternative, as you know. For that, you need a mobile device with Roku App installed in it. You can easily connect the Roku app to your Roku TV and then connect the AirPods to the application hear the audio of your favorite program directly on your Roku TV,
Here is how you can connect it?
If you are an iPhone user
- In case you are using the iPhone, you need to connect your AirPods to your iPhone first.
- Then visit the App Store on your iPhone and download the Roku app.
- After the installation of the app, open it
- Tap on the remote option
- Then click on the Devices
- Click on OK
- After clicking on OK, you will find a dialog box showing you to connect now. Tap on the connect now option
- Then wait for your app to find your ROKU streaming device. Select your TV from the list
- After connecting your device, tap on the remote icon, and click on the headphone icon
- Tap on OK, and check if your control centers of AirPods are running
- Now play a movie on your Roku TV and heard the audio on your iPhone.
For the Android user, you need to install the Roku app from your Google play store, and all other steps are as same as described above.
Now that you know the steps connect your TV now and enjoy seamless audio. If you need any other guide related to Airpods you can comment below.