If you want to know that how to connect AirPods to Chromebook then this guide is for you. Apple AirPods, in general, are paired with Apple devices only. However, one can connect AirPods with Chromebooks through the Bluetooth setting of the laptop as well.
Make sure that your AirPods are not connected with any other device before connecting to Chromebook. It can be problematic to pair not just with Chromebook but with any other device if music or video is running simultaneously.
Steps to Follow for Connecting AirPods to Chromebook
To start connecting AirPods with Chromebook, one needs to first switch on the Bluetooth settings. Go through the steps below to pair AirPods with Chromebooks.
First of all, go to the Chromebook screen and then select the menu option. One can find it as the network icon upon visiting the extreme right of the display, next to where the battery percentage shows. There remain options like Wi-Fi, notification, Bluetooth, etc., in the menu.
- Do select and turn on Bluetooth (in case if it is not on). Chromebook goes for searching wireless devices sooner as Bluetooth is made on.
- Make sure that you have the charging case and AirPods ready. Have the charging case close for recharging the AirPods. It is important to remember that Bluetooth can significantly consume the battery of wireless devices, irrespective of its kind. In general, the battery life of AirPods is around five hours. However, the case can increase the battery life to 24 more hours.
- In case the AirPods don’t become visible over the Bluetooth list of Chromebook, press the Setup button and hold it at the rear end of the AirPods case. This can make the AirPods appear sooner. Make sure you are 20 feet within the Chromebook to ensure Bluetooth connectivity of AirPods.
- Go to the list of Bluetooth Available Devices on Chromebook and then do select AirPods. Confirm the prompts are appearing over Chromebook.
- Upon being connected, the LED light turns green over the AirPods case. It then shows ‘Connected’ in the Chromebook settings.
- The AirPods are thus finally connected with Chromebook. You can now adjust the AirPods volume through Chromebook after pairing.
So, following the steps explained above, you can easily connect your AirPods with Chromebook.
How to Disconnect
To disconnect the AirPods off Chromebook, first, turn the Chromebook’s Bluetooth off. Otherwise, you can press the Pair key and hold it at the rear end of the AirPods case.